Virtual Expo | STEM 2021 OnDemand Partner
Regional Industry Education Partnerships (RIEP)
Regional Industry Education Partnerships (RIEP) is a NSW Government initiative that strengthens connections between local industry and secondary school communities and supports students in planning their future career pathways.
The RIEP initiative is:
• Building partnerships between employers and local schools
• Supporting employers to engage with schools and share their expectations for their future workforce
• Helping students develop the skills they need to get a job; and
• Strengthening links between what is learned at school and what is needed in the workplace.
RIEP takes advantage of local knowledge and networks to boost student engagement with local industry.
• work with school staff on initiatives that engage local industries and support students to plan their career pathways
• work with local employers to facilitate their access to local schools in order to promote careers within their business or industry
• facilitate activities where employers can communicate what they need in terms of skills and experience from young people entering their industry
• support school staff to promote the range of jobs and career opportunities available in the region to students and their parents; and
• develop and provide resources and activities to increase the capacity of schools and industry to engage with each other.
Help shape the workforce of the future
When it comes to supporting secondary students to become job-ready, industry plays a critical role. That’s why the NSW Government is establishing the Regional Industry Education Partnerships (RIEP) initiative.
The RIEP initiative will strengthen connections between industry and schools. It will:
- build partnerships between employers and local schools
- support employers to engage with schools and share information on their expectations for their future workforce
- help students develop the skills they need to get a job
- strengthen links between what is learned at school and what is needed in the workplace.
REIP/SISP Digital STEM Industry Content Project
In 2020 the Regional Industry Education Partnerships (RIEP) Program and the STEM Industry School Partnerships (SISP) Program developed a joint project to secure Digital STEM Industry content for NSW schools.
The content was produced by Jill McCall Consultancy in Lismore with the aim to ensure that the STEM innovation taking place in Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SME’s) including start-ups, is visible to students and teachers.
The digital content was primarily designed for the iTEachSTEM platform. The iTEachSTEM platform is delivered under the auspice of the Institute of Technology Education NSW (iTE). It is a collaboration between STEM Industry School Partnerships (SISP) Program, Institute of Technology Education NSW iTE and Engineers Australia – Newcastle Division.
STEM Digital Showcase Launch
As an exclusive of STEM 2021 On Demand, we are proud to launch for the first time the digital showcase of 10 innovative companies. This includes 35 videos and over 220 minutes of case studies on a range of topics mainly themed around sustainable enterprise in Australia.
ENV Solutions Showcase https://vimeo.com/showcase/8359289
Plastic Collective Showcase https://vimeo.com/showcase/7012519
Huskee Showcase https://vimeo.com/showcase/8359323
Pablo & Rusty’s Showcase https://vimeo.com/showcase/8359329
Flow Hive Showcase https://vimeo.com/showcase/8359332
ELLUC Projects Showcase https://vimeo.com/showcase/8359322
Byron Solar Train Showcase https://vimeo.com/showcase/8359342
The Living Classroom Showcase https://vimeo.com/showcase/8362391
MCi Showcase https://vimeo.com/showcase/8359346
Enova Showcase https://vimeo.com/showcase/8359350