Virtual Expo | Silver Sponsor
Primary Industries Education Foundation Australia (PIEFA)
PIEFA operates as a national not for profit company, with minimal overheads, governed by a skills-based board of directors with membership from the government, industry and education sectors.
PIEFA is the lead body for primary industries education in Australia. We strategically facilitate, coordinate and promote food and fibre education initiatives to teachers, schools and the broader community. Through this engage Australian schools in the education of food and fibre production and primary industries careers.
PIEFA strives to:
- Provide national leadership and coordination of initiatives to encourage primary industries education in schools through a partnership between industry, government and educators,
- Commission, coordinate, facilitate and manage national projects to encourage primary industries education in schools;
- Provide a source of credible, objective and educational resources for schools to maintain and improve community confidence in Australia’s primary industries; and
- Communicate primary industries research and development outcomes in a format accessible for schools and encourage interest from schools in primary industries related careers.
National and international partnerships
Collaboration underpins our investment strategy, from regional activities to national cross-sectoral partnerships and international relationships. We partner with funding organisations and educators to identify food and fibre education and career opportunities.
PIEFA Educational Services
- Primezone https://www.primezone.edu.au
- Career Harvest https://www.careerharvest.com.au
- Farmer Time https://farmertime.com.au
- Primezone Academy https://primezoneacademy.edu.au
- PIEFA Forum https://www.piefa.edu.au/forums.html
- Knowing and Growing www.knowingandgrowing.edu.au